1 1 Sawtooth and the petticoats: 'Tis the Season?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

'Tis the Season?

In less than 48 hours, “Christmas season” begins. This is ridiculous. I love Christmas, but this extension of one day’s celebration to cover more than a month wears things out. I like simplicity: a tree, some silver balls, some colored lights. I’m not even a fan of wrapping paper: it’s paper that’s made specifically to be ripped and thrown away. Aesthetically I like just about everything to do with the holidays (except this $150 blow-up Santa in a helicopter – what?!). It’s the excess that annoys me.

Okay, so I’m really not a Scrooge, but Christmas cards go on my list of “unecessaries”. Who wants a picture of me? Nobody. And I don’t want a picture of you. And I don’t want you to spend 50 cents or more to send me any card, photo or no. Unless it has money in it. See, I can be kind to earth and selfish at the same time!

“But I like cards. I want to send you good tidings and joy and peace with my best calligraphy pen. Why are you so rude?”

You’re right. I’m sorry. Maybe there are some cute cards out there. Maybe there are even cute cards that can be cut into pieces and re-used for other things. Let's see if I can fix my attitude!



 Maybe a cute card with a photo on one side and some nice simple text on the other? Okay!
 
Shutterfly.com

Or maybe, you're making some foodie gifts for everyone, and you want uniform, easy labels. 
(I'll be posting some food gift ideas in the next few weeks, so keep an eye out and keep your apron handy.)
Shutterfly.com
Or maybe, you would like some of your purchase to support altruistic efforts, and also you like adorable oversized animals. Perfect!
Shutterfly.com



Full disclosure: Shutterfly is offering 50 holiday cards to bloggers who blog about their products. I did genuinely pick out options that I like, and obviously I have mixed responses to the whole make-the-USPS-feel-useful aspect of the coming season. Just wanted you to know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment